2016 is Year of the Monkey! Experience the culture and traditions of Lunar New Year with the Wing Luke Museum on Saturday, Feb 6th. FREE admission for students and kids!
Saturday, February 6
- 11 AM: Watch a festive lion dance complete with drums and firecrackers.
- 11:30 AM – 5PM: Enjoy family-friendly activities all day, including New Year games, face painting, animated film screening of The Monkey King (in Chinese with English subtitles), crafts, a stuffed petting zoo, zodiac scavenger hunt and more. Kids can complete a passport journey and win prizes!
Through March 31, the Wing Luke Museum will also feature:
- Lunar New Year tours– Learn more about the history of Seattle and the Chinatown-International District through an immersive hotel tour with a Lunar New Year twist.
- 2016 Year of the Monkey Coloring Contest – Get creative and enter for a chance to win the grand prize ($800 gift certificate to shops/restaurants at The Bellevue Collection). Download – Coloring Contest Sheet 2016
- New Year’s All Year Round exhibit – Learn more about New Year traditions, foods, and games of Japanese, Vietnamese, and Hmong cultures.
The Wing Luke Museum is located in Seattle’s Chinatown-International District (719 South King St, Seattle, WA 98104). Phone: 206.623.5124
More info about the Lunar New Year celebration and Year of the Monkey can be found at www.wingluke.org/2016newyear