Thank you to Davina Dilley, Julie Fein and Johanna Wrenholt for stepping up to serve on this year’s PTA Nominating Committee. The Nominating Committee is tasked each year with finding members of our community who are willing to bring their time and talents to serve on the Alki PTA Executive Board. For school year 2017/18 we are looking to fill the roles of Treasurer and Co-Vice President overseeing Fundraising. If you are interested in either of these roles or know someone who would be an asset to our PTA please reach out to a member of the nominating committee led by Davina Dilley firstname.lastname@example.org. The timeline for electing next year’s officers is as follows:
- January 5th, 2017 – Nominating Committee Elected at General PTA Meeting
- Jan/Feb – Members of Nominating Committee seek qualified nominees
- March 2nd, 2017 – Nominees are presented at General PTA Meeting
- April 5th, 2017 – Nominees and returning officers are voted in at General PTA Meeting/Arts Showcase
VP of Fundraising Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing a team of volunteers who Chair all the various fundraising activities that contribute to the budgeted income for the school year.
- Brings all proposed fundraisers to the board for approval before executing.
- Have visibility into each activity and status as needed.
- Point of contact for all things ‘income’ and works closely with the treasurer and school principal to create a plan for the year.
- When all fundraisers are defined, you will work with the volunteer in charge of each to assure that all aspects are covered including promotion, fliers, newsletter articles, plans, deadlines etc.
- The Auction and Alki-a-Thon are the biggest fundraisers. Each will have a team of volunteers who handle the work that goes into making it a success, but you will need to fill in any gaps to make sure that the fundraiser meets its financial objective.
- Skills needed: very organized, detail-oriented and comfortable making recommendations and decisions.