Tonight’s Alki PTA Meeting is canceled due to lack of new and relevant business. Your time is valuable and so is ours! We are asking you to please follow March’s Enews and the Currents Newsletter (coming out NEXT Wednesday March 8th) for updated information on past and present items of business.
A few things to note:
- Nominating Committee will present Candidates for next year’s PTA Board Treasurer and Co-VP/Fundraising in March 21st Enews. Please reach out to NomCom Chair: Davina Dilley, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are interested in a role.
- Principal Deese, the Building Leadership Team and all staff are presently working out school budget proposals but nothing is finalized at this time.
- Alki PTA Budget Requests are being solicited from Principal & staff, PTA Event Chairs and any Alki community members who have new ideas for PTA sponsored events and programs NOW through March 31st – please find PTA budget request forms next to the PTA Mailbox and outside the main office.
- We are looking to fill many roles next year and hope you will consider stepping up! Building Leadership Team PTA Representative, Volunteer Coodinator/Membership Chair, Spiritwear Coordinator, Room Parent Advisor, Childcare Coordinator, Alki CC Enrichment Advisory Committee, Kindergarten Liaison… just to name a few!
- HUGE Thanks to Mark Turpen and Brenda Gage for stepping up to Chair next year’s auction! Thank you to the many new faces that attended the auction planning meeting! The Alki Auction is saved!
Thank you for your understanding and we apologize for any inconvenience this cancellation may have caused. We hope you will join us at next month’s meeting, Wednesday April 5th, where we will vote in next year’s officers! As always, please feel free to contact me or any member of the Board with questions, concerns and ideas! This is your PTA!