“Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” – Voltaire We are grateful for our Alki teachers and staff everyday but the calendar gives us this special week to really SHOW them what they mean to us and thank them for all they do throughout the year for our kids!
We are in need of a chair for Staff Appreciation Week! The event is coming up soon, so please reach out as soon as possible if you think you can help out! Even if you can’t commit to every day of the week! Contact Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit Alki’s SignupGenius (http://tinyurl.com/StaffAppreciation17) and VOLUNTEER to help out one or more days if you’re able!
This year’s events will include:
- Monday, May 1: Smoothie Monday! We will need four parent volunteers and their blenders to prepare smoothies for staff as they arrive to school for the day!
- Tuesday, May 2: Latte Tuesday! We will need four parent volunteers and their espresso machines to prepare lattes for staff to add some extra pep in their step!
- Wednesday, May 3: Staff Luncheon! This year’s theme will be “Roots”. Bring your favorite family dish that reflects your heritage. We will need (at minimum) 15 volunteers to bring a special dish. Please mark your dish with its name and whether it’s Gluten/Dairy/Egg/Nut free as some of our staff has allergies. This will happen from 11:00am-1:00pm
- Thursday, May 4: Thank you letters! Have your child write a thank you letter to their teacher, principal, front office or part time staff members. Write their own or fill in a template that will come home in Kid Mail and drop into the PTA mailbox by May 1st for delivery to staff.
- Friday, May 5: Small token of appreciation! Gift cards for $25 to a local restaurant for each staff member. We have 48 staff members at Alki Elementary and want to make sure that everyone is included. Please sign up to provide a gift card and drop it off in the PTA mailbox at school by May 1st.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
And if you are interested here is a short slideshow of last years festivities: