This week is one of the most special weeks of the year when we honor and pay thanks to the heart of Alki Elementary: OUR TEACHERS AND STAFF! We were so excited to give our staff the royal treatment – we’re doing it a week early! National Teacher Appreciation Week actually falls the second week of May this year but we’re jumping the gun and have a great week planned for Alki’s educators. Please visit Alki’s signupgenius to see how you can help our PTA give them daily treats but most of all, take a moment to pay thank you in whatever way works for you to the incredible people that teach and guide and take care of our kids every day of the year, they deserve it!
- Monday, May 1: Smoothie Monday! We will need four parent volunteers and their blenders to prepare smoothies for staff as they arrive to school for the day!
- Tuesday, May 2: Latte Tuesday! We will need four parent volunteers and their espresso machines to prepare lattes for staff to add some extra pep in their step!
- Wednesday, May 3: Staff Luncheon! This year’s theme will be “Roots”. Bring an entrée, side or dessert to put on a potluck for our staff of delicious Alki family favorites! Please mark your dish with its name and whether it’s Gluten/Dairy/Egg/Nut free for a staff luncheon to take place in the library from 11:00am-1:00pm.
- Thursday, May 4: Thank you letters! Have your child write a thank you letter to their teacher, principal, front office or specialty staff members. Write their own or fill in the template that will come home in Kid Mail and drop into the PTA mailbox by May 1st for delivery to staff.
- Friday, May 5: Small token of appreciation! Gift cards for $25 to a local restaurant for each staff member. We have 48 staff members at Alki Elementary and want to make sure that everyone is included. Please sign up to provide a gift card and drop it off in the PTA mailbox at school by May 1st.