Monday, May 22 (6:30 – 7:30 PM)
Thank you to all the parents who came out for May’s General Meeting and PTA proposed budget presentation last Thursday. Due to pointed and thoughtful discussions around funding the half time school counselor a 2nd year, the Spanish Pilot proposal and the impact on our PTA reserve funds, our membership voted to hold a special general meeting to continue budget discussions before the final budget vote Wednesday, June 7th. The special meeting has been scheduled for Monday, May 22nd from 6:30-7:30pm in the Alki library. Look for the meeting agenda in next week’s Enews and plan to attend to share your voice for the programs you’d like to see funded next year and your thoughts on PTA reserve funds – Emergency funds? Or spend it while we have it? We want to hear from you! Thank you!
Alki PTA General Membership **SPECIAL MEETING**
Monday, May 22nd 2017
6:30-7:30pm, Alki Elementary Library
Call To Order
Unfinished Business – PTA Budget Discussions
- 6:30pm-6:45pm: Spanish Sponge School Pilot Proposal – Presentation by Alki families/Sponge School representatives.
- PTA Reserve Funds – PTA Best Practice = 3 – 6 months operating costs
- Proposed PTA Budget – Notable NEW Line Items: Cultural Night, Reflections (National PTA Arts Program), Legislative Advocacy, PTA Awards/Recognition and (from staff) Science on Wheels. Passport Club increased to $1000.
- Auction Raise the Paddle proposal to “Raise the Paddle” for the school counselor position/general fund
- Bike to School Day – Proposal to make it a PTA led event/Budget line item?
- Next Meeting: Wednesday June 7th – PTA Budget Vote
- PTA Alki-a-Thon – Thursday, June 1st
- Spirit Week – June 5th – 9th
- Reptile Man – Monday June 5th – All School Event @ 1:00pm. Evening Family Event @ 6:30pm-7:30pm.
- Field Day – Friday, June 9th during the school day
- Friday June 16th – Razzle Dazzle Carnival/Spring BBQ – 5:00pm-6:30pm