This November we pick a new Mayor, City Council members, new directors for the School Board, State representatives, a variety of other important positions, and vote on state-wide and local measures. Even though some of the contested positions represent areas outside of West Seattle, it is crucial to advocacy to understand the landscape of these governing bodies and who is representing them and from where.
What’s on the Ballot:
For detailed information about what is on the Ballot for November 7th check out the King County web site: http://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/elections/how-to-vote/ballots.aspx
Voter registration deadlines and voting timeline:
Make sure that you are ready to vote!
- September 26 (Tuesday) – NATIONAL Voter Registration Day
- October 9th (Monday) Online and mail voter registration deadline
- October 17th (Tuesday) King County Local Voters’ Pamphlets Mailed
- October 18th (Wednesday) Ballots Mailed by King County Elections for General Election
- October 19th (Thursday) Ballot Drop Boxes OPEN
- October 30th (Monday) In-person voter registration deadline
- November 7th (Tuesday) Election Day – Ballots must be mailed or turned in to drop boxes.
Articles and Forums on candidates for Mayor, Seattle Council, and School Board:
There are many sources for information about the candidates. PTA does not endorse candidates so these are high level resources for you to investigate, get informed, and make decisions for yourself about who to vote for.
Seattle mayoral, City Council and School Board candidates focus on education in forum (recap): http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/education/seattle-mayoral-city-council-and-school-board-candidates-focus-on-education-in-forum/
Seattle School Board Candidates Forum – Seattle Council PTSA and League of Women Voters of Seattle-King County https://www.facebook.com/events/1949433531960495
Date: Wed, October 4th
Time: 7 PM – 8:30 PM
Location: Centilia Cultural Center 1660 S Roberto Maestas Festival St, Seattle, Washington 98144
Seattle Mayoral Debate, Tuesday Oct. 24th
Date: Tue, October 24, 2017
Time: 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Location: Starbucks Support Center, 2401 Utah Ave. S., Seattle, WA 98134