Calling all 3rd-5th grade student thespians! This year’s play is about to begin! The Barnyard Musical Mystery written by Laurie Utterback (who co-wrote last year’s production of Aesop’s Fables) is an ensemble production with parts for everyone! Do you want to be a jokester goat? Misunderstood raccoon? A sneaky minion farmhand or the Detective Pig that solves the mystery of Miss Lucy’s disappearing carrots! There’s singing, dancing, and plenty of opportunity to try out your acting chops! Alki Multi Arts Teacher Melia Scranton is in her 2nd year of Directing the PTA Musical (but brings over 20 years of directing experience) and Amy Cooper is the PTA “producer” of this fabulous production.
Mandatory Informational Parent Meeting: Wednesday, November 8th 6:30 – 7:30 PM in the Alki Cafeteria. At this meeting you will:
- Have your questions answered
- Register your student
- $75/Student Registration Fee for 8 weeks of enrichment
- Receive audition prep monologues and schedule your student’s audition
- Monday & Tuesday Nov. 13 & 14 (2:25 – 3:30 PM)
- Wednesday, Nov. 15 (1:10 – 2:25 PM )
- Get full rehearsal schedule
- Nov. 27 – Feb. 3
- Sign up for volunteer supervisor shifts/snack duty/performance week/costumes
The show will be cast before Thanksgiving break and rehearsals will begin the week of Nov. 27 and run through the end of January.
Performance dates are tentatively scheduled for February 2nd and 3rd (awaiting confirmation from WSHS Theater Use.)