Alki Parent Teacher Association is a parent driven volunteer organization dedicated to the social and academic enrichment of all students and families at Alki Elementary School. The PTA works closely with the principal, staff, parents and wider community to provide financial and volunteer support for a wide variety of programs and activities around these main goals:
- Promote a safe building and learning environment by funding playground/supervision support.
- Provide funding and volunteer support for academic enrichment activities.
- Ensure that every child is able to participate in field trips by providing scholarships.
- Coordinate volunteer resources throughout the school to improve learning and create a pleasant and inviting atmosphere.
Getting involved with our PTA
The Alki PTA’s ability to deliver the depth of programs and activities we sponsor depends on the volunteer efforts and contributions of our parent community. There are many ways to be involved with PTA activities, both during and outside of school hours. Here are just a few:
- Stay in the communication loop by signing up for our weekly newsletter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We post late-breaking needs and information through our weekly Enews and our monthly PTA Currents newsletter, sent home via kid-mail.
- Attend meetings and share your ideas and opinions
- Organize or help with PTA activities and fundraising events
- Become a Room Parent
- Offer grant writing and other professional services